EducationDynamics is hiring a Desktop Support Engineer to join the Technical Operations team! The ideal candidate will be the initial point of contact for local and remote end user requests and issues via trouble tickets, email and phone calls, supporting 200+ users across multiple offices. The following highlights the daily responsibilities and experience required to be considered for the position:
• Provision, install, and maintain end-user desktops/laptops and some server systems
• Research, troubleshoot, respond to and resolve end-user issues/problems/questions
• Support end-user escalations
• Develop and maintain standard configuration and images for desktops and laptops
• Support onsite Cisco network equipment i.e. switches, routers, and firewalls
• Document processes and procedures for users
• Execute IT equipment moves, adds, and changes
• Manage IT hardware and software inventory
• Install, update, patch, support and maintain workstation Operating Systems and associated software applications using SCCM
• Manage Active Directory user and computer objects as well as Group Policies
• Administer Office 365 email accounts, groups and distribution lists
• Configure and support telephony devices and softphone applications with connectivity to cloud PBX systems
• Install, configure, troubleshoot and support network printers
• Provision and support secure connectivity to corporate infrastructure for smartphones, mobile devices and BYOD equipment
•Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016, current iOS/Android platforms
• Scripting and automation experience (PowerShell preferred)
• Experience with cloud-based PBX support (Jive Cloud and Five9 Cloud Contact Center preferred)
• Microsoft Office 365 Application Suite experience
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2016
• Knowledge of Active Directory/Exchange/Skype for Business
• Experience with Mobile Device Management systems preferred
• Candidate must demonstrate high level customer service and have experience supporting Executive level staff
• Hands on experience with PC desktop and laptop hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
• Excellent PC and Microsoft OS/client software troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of basic network connectivity, concepts and protocols in a corporate LAN/WAN/cloud environment
• Effective time management and organization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Manage daily tasks from a trouble ticketing system
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Effectively complete deliverables within assigned timelines and project dates
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
• 3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced desktop support environment using current Windows Operating System preferably in a corporate headquarters environment
• Microsoft certifications in Desktop Support and Administration (preferred)
EducationDynamics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon any protected status, including but not limited to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity or expression.
EducationDynamics offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.