The Financial Analyst is an important junior role within EducationDynamics (EDDY), and as a member of the Accounting & Finance Department the primary focus of the position will be supporting the modeling of budgeting and financial forecasting for the business. The individual in this position would be in a support role to assist in understanding and explaining key variances to the budget, periodic full year forecast updates, monthly forecasts, and weekly cash forecasts. While not responsible for developing recommendations, it will be helpful for s/he to begin developing an understanding of the key drivers of financial performance in the business. She/he will assist the Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in analyzing expenses and revenues with the objective of improving profitability. This role will support and assist in the creation of the annual budget and other forecasts as needed for all of EDDY’s businesses. Critical success factors for the role include a strong understanding of Excel and deep modeling capability and experience. Experience with budgeting software applications (specifically NetSuite) would be a plus. A basic understanding of financial statements and the ability to critically analyze variances from expectations is important. Also critical are problem-solving skills, focus on accuracy and meeting deadlines, strong results orientation, and intellectual curiosity and willingness to seek answers as necessary from others throughout the organization.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide financial planning and analysis support to the Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
• Manage the process and build weekly financial forecast for individual business units
• Complete month-end closing task related to financial month-end freeze and sales compensation payouts
• Assist in the performance of monthly variance analysis of business performance results, with responsibility for maintaining and disseminating reports
• At the direction of senior financial staff, assist in the creation of financial models for measuring profitability of business units, channels, products, and other activities of the firm
• Support modeling, preparation, and submission of budgets and forecasts, including cash flow forecasts and periodic ad-hoc analysis
• Assist in performance of driver-based revenue analysis for monthly and quarterly financial results
• Prepare and maintain corporate dashboard that highlights key financial and operational metrics
• Retrieve information from the company’s financial and performance databases for use in analysis and reporting
• Ensure accuracy of numbers and information in all financial reports disseminated by Financial Planning & Analysis area
• Assist in financial modeling related to Mergers & Acquisitions as they occur
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance (preferred) or Accounting
• Fundamental understanding of accounting and financial principles
• 2 plus years of related work experience in financial analysis and budgeting support, and a solid understanding of financial accounting.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel to prepare analytical and P&L models
• Above average intellectual aptitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Open-minded individual with a natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn
• Strong problem-resolution and analytical skills
• Ability to work effectively at multiple levels within the organization, including interacting with the CEO, operating heads, and VPs throughout the company
• Energetic, progressive approach to the role, and a strong belief in continual process improvement
EducationDynamics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon any protected status, including but not limited to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity or expression. EducationDynamics offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.