The Senior Systems Administrator provides support in managing and maintaining the overall IT infrastructure through hands-on technical support of server technologies, back-office applications, network devices, cloud services and web operations. The position is responsible for ensuring system stability and availability, telephony services, server and application support, remote access, documentation, security and protection of data and systems, as well as leading problem-solving efforts of active incidents while proactively building policies and procedures to avert them. The ideal candidate stays current with systems administration technologies and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology.
Experience with core Microsoft technologies and a basic understanding of Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies is important. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations.
• Configure, administer, and support Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
• Manage Azure Cloud Infrastructure
• Manage IIS web servers and production Linux web servers
• Support Microsoft Active Directory/Azure AD/ADFS
• Maintain Cisco network (Firewalls, Switching, Wireless)
• Monitor and maintain infrastructure backups
• Support SQL Server Always-On availability groups, replication, and SQL performance
• Support multi-tiered development environments and production code deployment in clustered and load balanced setting
• Patch management and compliance
• Troubleshoot website performance issues, primarily WordPress and Drupal
• Support Cloudflare Enterprise CDN, WAF, and Worker scripts
• Build and automate repetitive processes with PowerShell and/or automation tools
• Provide support for IT security and infrastructure architectural design
• Participate in rotating on call schedule to support 24×7 production environments
• In depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 with an emphasis on virtualization and web hosting
• Azure Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service experience including but not limited to virtual machine provisioning/management/monitoring, network security groups, VNET connectivity, application and virtual network gateways, load balancers, and App Services
• Advanced technical experience with Microsoft Exchange Online and MS Teams platform
• Strong experience supporting web services on Microsoft IIS
• Knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Office 365 applications
• Strong background in Microsoft Active Directory/Azure AD/ADFS
• Ability to understand scripting languages, primarily PowerShell
• A solid understanding of network principles, VLANs and wireless technologies
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM for imaging, application and patch deployment
• Experience with virtualization, particularly MS Hyper-V
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Effective communication skills, working with both technical and non-technical personnel
• The ability to independently manage team projects
• Must be willing to be available for evening and weekend work when needed
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering (or another related field) or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years’ experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Experience managing production Linux web servers running NGINX and PHP a plus.
• Powershell scripting experience a plus.
EducationDynamics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon any protected status, including but not limited to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity or expression. EducationDynamics offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.