Senior Student Support Coach (EMS)
Who We Are:
EducationDynamics is a marketing and enrollment management agency dedicated to getting students to the right program at the right school at the right time. We are the premier provider of qualified prospective students for colleges and universities, and our services cover the key stages of the student lifecycle, from initial inquiry through program enrollment.
What The Role Is:
The EMS Senior Student Support Coach role is a critical part of our team. This is a student engagement and support role responsible for all aspects of the student retention process for client institutions. The programs we represent span the higher education vertical, from undergraduate to graduate, online and on-campus. The EMS Senior Student Support Coach connects with admitted and matriculated students continuing the relationship established between the student and the institution during the enrollment process. Through exceptional conversational skills, EMS Senior Support Coaches establish rapport while quickly identifying factors that contribute to student success. The EMS Senior Support Coach regularly communicates onboarding processes, key deadlines and dates, degree planning calls, check-ins supporting progression to graduation, and stop-out or re-engagement initiatives. The EMS Senior Support Coach is responsible for articulating program information in a conversational and easy-to-understand manner, going into extreme detail when necessary. The EMS Senior Support Coach is the direct point of contact for newly enrolled and currently matriculated students on all questions related to successful progression through their program and facilitates connections with institutional counterparts as needed.
The EMS Senior Support Coach is responsible for managing an active caseload of current students, exceeding benchmarks in key performance areas such as admit-to-start conversion, persistence, and retention. The EMS Senior Support Coach interacts directly with EducationDynamics client institutions for program training, caseload review, and general updates. The EMS Senior Support Coach is responsible for product knowledge regarding continuing registration, course options and selection, and managing a total student enrollment portfolio.
As EducationDynamics also supports institutions in recruiting prospective students, at times the EMS Senior Support Coach may fulfill this role depending on the business needs of the account.
What You Will Do:
- You will manage a large database of admitted and current students, handling 100+ calls per day at times
- You will work closely with client partners as an integral member of the student success team
- You will develop and maintain supportive and personalized relationships
- You will have engaging conversations with a variety of individuals daily, focused on identifying their needs and highlighting relevant student support resources. As areas of potential concern to successful progression towards graduation emerge, you will be instrumental in identifying resources and colleagues to help mitigate those situations
- You will manage all aspects of your caseload including post-admission welcome calls, registration confirmation each term, degree planning calls, and stop-out and re-engagement campaigns
- You may assist with deposit collection, signed intent to enroll forms, student log-in information, and other onboarding aspects as needed
- You will spend a lot of time discussing in-depth program information in relation to individual student needs
- You will work independently, capable of assisting management and clients in the establishment of retention processes and strategies
- You will interact directly with clients, face-to-face, via phone, and email
- You will update all interactions in a CRM to ensure a high level of student service
- You will collect data and provide feedback and recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders
- You will manage paperwork, pay extreme attention to detail, and provide accurate updates to account leads and management as needed
- You will maintain compliance in all areas of the role including when communicating program details and documenting student interactions
- You will follow up with enrolled students to ensure timely registration for upcoming terms and accurate total enrollment counts by program portfolio
- You will contribute to the knowledge base of the institutional policies that pertain to student success by researching and discussing your findings with colleagues and managers
- You will participate in the training and development of EMS colleagues
The Successful Candidate Profile:
- You are a performance-focused individual who is passionate about higher education and energized by meeting and exceeding overall performance as well as term-over-term persistence targets
- You have previous experience in a student support position that required attention to detail and the ability to engage with students from diverse backgrounds
- You know the higher education field including online higher education, graduate degrees, and the education services industry
- You’re an outside-the-box thinker and effective at working on a new account while processes are being established
- You’re extremely organized and adept at proactive and independent re-prioritization of tasks based upon the most pressing business needs
- You thrive on change and enjoy a fast-paced atmosphere
- You are coachable, trainable, and constantly looking to improve
- Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of higher education experience with a deep understanding of the higher education field.
EducationDynamics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon any protected status, including but not limited to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity or expression. EducationDynamics offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.